We Take Compliance Seriously!
That’s why FDA regulations and cGMP compliance, which stands for Current Good Manufacturing Practices, exist. These regulations protect consumers to ensure that the products they take to improve their health will not do the opposite and make them sick. Here, we’ll walk you through exactly what makes a 3PL service warehouse or fulfillment center cGMP compliant.
What is a cGMP Warehouse?
When you work with a fulfillment services provider that adheres to cGMP regulations, you can rest assured that that quality is achieved, and that all products are being kept in pristine condition.
Here are some of the things that a cGMP warehouse does to ensure that products are free of contamination and errors:
- It routinely passes inspections that confirm that the warehouse is in excellent condition. These inspections check to make sure the warehouse is clean, pest-free, and kept at a cool temperature 24/7.
- The “FIFO” (first in, first out) approach is followed, meaning that lot numbers and expiration dates are managed, and products are tracked in real time to reduce loss due to expired products.
- Orders are fulfilled in a timely manner, so that products arrive quickly and intact. This results in happier customers who are more likely to make a repeat purchase, and write a good review of your company.
- It uses the latest technology ensures that your customers receive the rights products, and that the supplements are never past or close to their expiration date.
- Products are never directly touched or packaged, which can lead to contamination.