Social media continues to be a powerful way to reach customers from every walk of life, no matter what type of eCommerce website you happen to run.
From children’s toys to sneakers and even home improvement goods, if you’ve got it, someone is going to buy it. The biggest problem is being heard over all the chatter that goes on day after day on social media.
These six social media tips can help you stand out:
- #1. Fill out your profile. Believe it or not, filling out your business profiles completely and accurately can help your case dramatically. Not only will you look like a total pro, your fans will know for sure that they’ve found the real social media account for your company. Be sure to include a photo of your building, team members or a logo to really impress.
- #2. Get personal. Your brand’s image may benefit from a bit of personalization when you move into social media. You can do this by setting a more informal tone in your social media posts and giving some behind-the-scenes peeks into your operation.
- #3. Embrace the changing nature of social media. Social media is still a fickle beast, but being everywhere all the time is going to exhaust you. Instead, focus on the trends of your audiences. Are they spending more time on Instagram these days? It might be worth it to put extra effort into that platform.
- #4. Introduce native chat. Chatbots are still in their infancy, but they’re rapidly gaining in popularity. Add a chatbot with native chat abilities to help service your customers faster than ever before.
- #5. Encourage user-generated content. Social media users still like to see what their friends have to say about just about anything. Curating user-generated content can help customers feel more attached to your brand and provides you with low-cost material to post.
- #6. Share content that spurs conversation. Encourage friendly conversation, not controversy. It can be a fine line, but you can make a buzz with something as simple as a notification about a new and innovative product or as complicated as industry news.
While you’re busy buzzing on social media, don’t forget to plan for the increased eCommerce order fulfillment that may be generated from your efforts. It’s one thing to attract customers to your site using social media and quite another to keep them coming back with incredible customer care.
This can also be a great time to update your website if you haven’t lately!